The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Advisory Council
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, and INCLUSION (DEI) ADVISORY COUNCIL will foster DEI best practices to achieve the highest level of economic health and prosperity for individual businesses and the collective community through a sense of belonging.
- Create a safe and welcoming place for all members of our community to come together and share ideas
- Provide resources and opportunities for the education and enlightenment of all members of the community
- Expand community awareness regarding the economic benefits of culturally diverse services and best practices of inclusion.
- Recommend actions to the Culpeper Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors on key issues related to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Four ways DEI strategies benefit Small Business
- Expanding your customer base: People want to shop where they feel valued. People support businesses that also take the time to understand them as clients or consumers.
- Connecting to your community: Connecting to the local community almost always pays positive dividends for a small business; it establishes a consistent client base with low acquisition costs.
- Tapping into diverse networks to enhance recruiting and improve employee retention: A strong, diverse workforce enhances the reach of a small business in numerous ways. A diverse, empowered staff allows you to avoid bias and broadens your perspective on how customers engage with your small business’s products and services.
- Less stress and increased workplace harmony: Having your voice heard contributes to a sense of engagement, and engaged employees perform at higher levels.
Culpeper Chamber of Commerce
629 Sperryville Pike
Culpeper, VA 22701